Become a Vendor
*Food Concession Vendor Applications Remain Closed*
Thank you for your interest in becoming a vendor at the Yellowknife Farmers Market. We are proud to host a market that is a place of social gathering for Yellowknifers and to contribute to the Yellowknife local economy. We serve as an incubator for small businesses featuring locally made and locally sourced goods.
We strive to create a diverse market place and every vendor is carefully screened to meet our mandate for high quality, unique local goods. To become a vendor, please review the steps below.
Step 1: Find out if you qualify
To qualify for the Yellowknife Farmers Market you must sell locally made or locally harvested goods in at least one of the following five categories:
- Agricultural/Wild Harvested: are grown, foraged, harvested or produced by the vendor and include, but are not limited to: fruits, vegetables, fresh and dried herbs, plants, shrubs, trees, flowers, honey, syrup, wild meat, fish, eggs, etc.
- Processed Product: are produced by the vendor (using local ingredients where possible) and include, but are not limited to pre-packaged meals, preserves, sauces, vinegar, dried soup and other mixes, processed meat, cheese, etc.
- Baked Goods /Confectionaries: are products which are made by the vendor that include, but are not limited to: breads, muffins, cookies, pies, cakes, cupcakes, pastries, frozen treats, candy, fudge etc.
- Food Concession: is ready-to-eat meals for consumption at the Market. (Please note baked goods are not in this category!)
- Artisanal Items: must be made by the vendor using their own skill, artistry, and training to produce a new, unique and original product that include, but are not limited to: jewelry, clothing, pottery, hanging art, soaps, bags, etc.
In addition to being approved by the Vendor Selection Committee , all food vendors must have their food items approved by the GNWT Environmental Health Officer prior to selling at the Market.
Step 2: Find out how much it cost to vend
The 2017 Yellowknife Farmers Market runs weekly on Tuesday evenings from June 6 – September 19 for a total of 16 weeks. Three different vendor packages are available:
- Full season Vendors: $450.00 up to 16 weeks.
- Half Season Vendors: $275.00 up to 8 weeks.
- Quarter Season Vendors: $175.00 up to 4 weeks.
Vendor Fees are non-refundable and must be paid in advance of the start of the Market by the date specified in their acceptance e-mail.
Vendors who require power are subject to a $10/week electricity surcharge. In addition, all vendors and their helpers/staff are required to be a member of the Yellowknife Farmers Market. Annual memberships are available for $20/year.
Step 3: Learn about market rules and regulations
As a prospective vendor, we are sure you have many questions. To help guide you, we have a handbook with information you should know about becoming a vendor at the Yellowknife Farmers Market.
Still have questions? Feel free to email us.
Step 4: Submit a vendor application form
If you feel you meet our eligibility requirements, we welcome you to submit an application for the 2017 season. The deadline to apply for the 2017 season is May 20th 2017 at 11:59 PM Mountain Time.
A five member Vendor Selection Committee comprising of Yellowknife Farmers Market Board Members who are non-vendors and volunteers will evaluate your application using the following criteria:
|Locally harvested ingredients and raw materials||15|
|Product exclusively at YKFM||15|
Step 5: Payment and Membership
If your vendor application is successful, you will receive an acceptance e-mail and a link to fill out your membership form and arrange for payment. Payment for the 2017 season must be made in full by the date indicated in your acceptance email. Please note, if you are accepted, there is a YKFM Vendor there will be a vendor meeting leading up to the first market day.